This network is the coming together of five complimentary world leading teams based at the University of Manchester and University Hospital of South Manchester, all specialising in human fungal disease.
1. World class research into the cell biology & pathogenicity of some of the major and most severe disease-causing filamentous fungi
2. Developments in diagnostics to more accurately detect infection and make treatment more effective
3. Development of new drugs to treat fungal infection
4. Teaching new generations of clinical staff to be able to recognise fungal infection and treat more effectively
5. Engage and inform patients & public to improve management of chronic infection and quality of life
6. Lead the global community to improve recognition of the severity of fungal infection worldwide
7. Lead prevention programs